Let’s Move Together for Cerebral Palsy with STEPtember!
This September, join us to raise funds for people living with Cerebral Palsy!
Register as an individual or gather a team of up to four colleagues or fellow members to compete! Nominate your Team Captain and sign up under ‘JustCo’ via the STEPtember registration page here. The first 30 participants will be able to sign up for FREE by simply using code ‘JUSTCO2020’!
Why Join us this STEPtember?
Cerebral Palsy is the most common physical disability in childhood. It’s caused by damage to the developing brain either during pregnancy or shortly after birth, directly affecting a person’s movement and posture for life.
STEPtember is Australia’s leading health and wellness fundraising event. Walk, swim, ride, wheel or spin your way to 10,000 steps per day for 28 days in a fun, safe and virtual environment – all while making a real difference to the lives of children and adults with Cerebral Palsy. When you sign up for STEPtember, you’ll be raising funds for vital equipment, research, therapy and services for people living with cerebral palsy.
For our Melbourne members, we have a bunch of activities you can easily complete at home to boost your step count safely!
How It Works
- As a participant, you can join a team or register as an individual. If you are the Team Captain, register online and invite up to three colleagues to join.
- $100 per team of four or $25 per person.
- Track your steps using any device like a smartphone or smartwatch and sync with the STEPtember app.
- Make sure you record your steps and activity on the STEPtember platform or app for 28 consecutive days.
- Goal: Take 10,000 steps per day, move any way you like (over 40 activities count towards steps). We’ll share more information about stepping conversions once you’ve registered!
- Fundraise with your friends, family and colleagues online. Check out STEPtember’s fundraising tips here.
- Online leader boards track the progress of you and your team against other participants. The JustCo members who achieve the most steps throughout STEPtember will win 10 hours of Meeting Room credits!
How to Register:
- Go to https://www.steptember.org.au/
- Click ‘Register’
- Decide if you want to get involved on your own or team up with your colleagues (up to 4 people).
- While on the “Create Account” page, select ‘Join an Organization’ and type JustCo
- Fill in your details, set up your fundraising goal, invite team members (if needed) and select how you will be tracking your steps.
- Pay for your entry fee ($25 per person). The first 30 participants will be able to sign up for free! Simply use our promo code ‘JUSTCO2020’ at the checkout to start having fun while raising funds for a great cause.
You’re all set! Thank you for joining us and remember every step you take and every dollar you raise supports a wide range of initiatives, helping children and adults living with Cerebral Palsy to live their best lives.
Let’s do this!