Humans of JustCo: Farah Hood
Whether your office is planted in the heart of the CBD, or in the friendly neighbourhood of Jurong East, the one thing in common between JustOffice and JustCo co-working space is they are taken care of by a group of unsung heroes; the people who work hard behind-the-scenes everyday to make both Singapore coworking and life here better for you.
In a bid to let you get to know our community staff better, we have come up with a mini project – Humans of JustCo – where one staff of ours take a break from work (any excuse to!) and goes on an interview + photoshoot with us.
Our first guest in the house is none other than Farah – our fun-loving Community Manager and face-of-the-centre at JustCo at 120 Robinson Road. Bet most of you find her name familiar already.
For now, see what Farah has to say about herself and flamingos (yes, flamingos). Enjoy!
We welcome any feedback you have on this new section. Drop us a message, let us hear you!
1. What is your greatest achievement outside of your current role at work?
Peeling myself from my bed at 5.45 am three times a week to head to the gym.
2. What do you do in your spare time?
Spending time with my loved ones
3. If you could have 3 famous people working at JustCo coworking office, who would you want them to be?
Trevor Noah, Barrack Obama and Anna Wintour
4. You step outside the office after work and find a lottery ticket that ends up winning $10 million.What would you do?
Save some, spend some and donate a whole lot of it!
5. What’s your favorite ’90s jam?
No Scrub by TLC
6. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Last Friday! A friend of mine and myself did a rendition of the “lift baby up” routine from Dirty Dancing in the middle of the street! There might be a video if proof is needed!
7. If you could be any animal for a day, what would it be and why?
A flamingo- I really think it’s my spirit animal! Flamingos are outgoing, vibrant, sociable and flamboyant. I am all of that.
8. If you could turn back time and relive one moment at JustCo hot desking office, what would it be?
It definitely have to be my first event at JustCo and it was in October 2015. Had no idea how to run the show, was a nervous wreak AND it was on my birthday too- total shambles! Thankfully, everything went smooth. Of course as months passed, I have grown with the company and got the hang of the whole event planning bit. More value added events have been curated and massive collaborations have evolved. So not everything you’ve never done is scary, it might be different, who knows- you might even find it enjoyable. I did.
9. Share a life hack everyone should know when working at a coworking space.
Interact- say hi to everyone and be inquisitive or be a little nosy. Find out what others do, bounce off ideas, ask questions and always smile!
10. What makes you unique?
My positive outlook on life. Glass is never half empty to me, on many occasions, it overflows!
11. Share a picture of your workstation and describe it.
It’s an organised mess